Friday, June 20, 2014

Eileens experiences

Chiapas has changed my life. The people of La Ceiba were so kind and welcoming while we stayed with them, I cant believe it is already over. I connected with one family in particular, their 4 year old daughter Ramona latched onto me during the first day and our connection grew throughout the week. Although there was already the language barrier, I found out that Ramona had a hearing impairment so her language development was stunted, which made things harder too. Even with all of those obstacles, we were still able to communicate and it made our connection that much stronger. It truly gave a new meaning to the phrase actions speak louder than words. As we were leaving her mother cried and hugged me, she thanked me for playing with her child all week and told me that she loved me. I will never forget the love I felt from her, Ramona and the rest of her family. They made me feel so loved and worthy. I cant wait to share what I have learned when I get home.

No comments: