Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hello from La Paz


La Paz, Baja, MX
April 11, 2012
Mike Oldham

It is my first trip to La Paz. I think I am experiencing a little culture shock. After spending a week in Chiapas, returning home for ten days, and now spending a week in La Paz.

There are so many differences. This is Mexico as I imagined it growing up: tall cacti, mesquite trees, lots of sand, and bad windy roads. We are also staying about three blocks for the Sea of Cortez.You can learn more about La Paz:

We are staying at a little pasada called Casabueno. It is run by an African-American who now lives in La Paz. He has a yellow (white) lab named Cracker, too good for words.

While in La Paz, we will be working on the seminary with David and Joyce Reed. We will be laying block, mixing concrete, and doing some electrical work.

There are nine of us on this trip. David Morton, pastor of FBC Rangely is the trip leader. Josh and Mike are from his church. Dave DeMott and Stephanie are from FBC Grand Junction. From FBC Delta, we have Mike and Sherry Burns and Rosa. I’m sorry I don’t have last names. I will try to post a group picture tomorrow.

Good night friends.

1 comment:

James Conley said...

We are confident that He is leading and guiding each one of you in His wonderful light and way!

Enjoy the journey together with our Lord. Adios amigos!