Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ready, Set, Wait

I play basketball at the YMCA. In basketball, even Y Basketball, defense is not allowed to call time out when the ball is in play. This prevents a coach or player from interrupting a fastbreak or other play when the offense is about to score. I feel like someone keeps calling a time out on our trip to Chiapas.

I am ready to go. I have been thinking about this trip for a year now. We have our team assembled. Now it is time to go. However . . .

Just because I am ready, that does not mean that I have everything ready. We still have team members who are waiting on their passport. We still need to register with the State Department. We still need to take care of details. I still need to prepare some sermons in case I am invited to preach.

Ten days to get it all done and get on the plane.

TIME OUT!

I'm not ready yet.

No comments: